Bankers’ Bank of the West (BBW) is a state-chartered bank located in a beautiful, newly-renovated office on the 27th floor of a downtown Denver high-rise. Founded in 1980, BBW provides essential products and services to 250 community bank clients in the western states and Great Plains region.
We offer a competitive compensation package with bonus eligibility, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurances; HSA; paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal time; and employer-paid RTD bus/light rail passes. Our 401(k) Plan includes employer matching on employee deferrals, an additional employer match, and immediate vesting.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: Interface with and provide assessments and education for information security and technology. Maintain current business relationships. This may involve meeting bank presidents, CIOs/CISOs/CFO’s, cashiers, operations officers, IT and IS staff and other employees of client banks. When not providing services to clients, provide support to internal customers, assist FVP-Information Security & Technology, Systems Administrator, IT Analyst and IT Support Specialist with duties as needed.
- Willingness to increase knowledge about regulation, security and IT strategy, community banking, information security and IT and communicate it to clients.
- Provide exceptional customer service and effective communication to internal and external customers.
- Create documentation including policies and procedures for internal and external customers.
- Managing Windows 7/10, Office 365, Windows 2008/R2 or 2012 with Active Directory and other MS tools.
- Managing VMWare virtual clients and hosts.
- Implementing network and information security concepts across varying systems.
- Support our internal IT department as needed including closing, opening and operational duties.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years of cumulative experience in Financial Services, Bank Regulation, Information Technology or Information Security.
- Excellent competency in: Problem solving, customer service, oral and written communication, strategic thinking, client focus, and decision making.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and stay calm under pressure and deadlines.
- Enjoys working and communicating face-to-face or via phone, email or text with all levels of the hierarchical scale.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. (H1B not provided).
- Regulatory, financial services or compliance
- Network Administration System Administration
- Project management
- Client relationship management
- Professional high-rise office in a secure suite in downtown Denver, CO
- Travel up to 30% to regional client bank locations – no international travel.
- Primary hours: Full time position – 730am–430pm M-F. Working hours may vary between 6am-8pm M-F with limited on-call hours on weekends as needed. Requires availability during non-working hours via text and email.
- Lifting: Up to 50 pounds
The Bank Card Specialist will provide administrative and operational support to partner banks and their customers regarding the merchant processing program, credit cards and ATM/debit cards. Be an active member of a dynamic and knowledgeable team delivering a variety of merchant and credit card products and services.
- Provide superior customer support via telephone, email and fax for Bank Card products and services.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with partner banks and their customers by keeping a positive attitude and a collaborative focus.
- Process merchant applications submitted by partner banks for new account set up.
- Data entry of merchant applications received on a daily basis in a multitude of systems.
- Audit merchant applications to ensure they are complete and legible.
- Obtain missing information from partner banks to complete merchant applications.
- Notify partner banks on merchant application approvals/declines.
- Setup new corporate and consumer credit card accounts for partner banks.
- Complete account maintenance/change requests to merchant and credit card accounts.
- Edit input or changes to merchant and credit card accounts.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, partner banks and vendors to identify and research issues for timely resolution. • Use multiple systems, databases and web-based applications proficiently.
- Understand and communicate technical concepts in understandable terms. • Multi-task merchant/client requests and product issues with a sense of urgency. • Research and resolve internal and external inquiries and issues.
- General ledger reconciliation and other financial balancing.
- Merchant acquiring or card payment/processing experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college coursework preferred.
- Inbound and outbound call experience in multiple support capacities.
- Ledger reconcilement and general bookkeeping skills preferred.
- Strong MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Windows applications skills.
- Excellent data entry skills including 10-key.
- Superior customer service skill, providing assistance in a timely manner.
- Self-starter with the ability to take the initiative and accomplish new tasks.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing duties and requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, troubleshooting and time management skills.
- Solid reading, writing, and oral communication skills in a professional business setting.
- Ability to work effectively with a team or independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to learn and utilize software programs quickly and efficiently.
- Follows management direction and takes responsibility for actions, commitments and deadlines.
- High level of professionalism and quality standards.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical ability.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. (H1B not provided).
- Professional office in a secure suite in downtown Denver, CO.
- Hours: 7:30am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday with occasional overtime as needed.
- Extended periods of time using telephone and computer.
We encourage banking professionals to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org any time. As opportunities arise that may be a match, BBW will consider your qualifications for a period of one year after submission. Your resume will be kept on file if there are any future openings.