We encourage banking professionals to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org any time. As opportunities arise that may be a match, BBW will consider your qualifications for a period of one year after submission. Your resume will be kept on file if there are any future openings.
Bank Card Specialist
Bankers’ Bank of the West is a state-chartered bank located on the 27th floor of a beautiful, newly-renovated downtown Denver high-rise with mountain views. Founded in 1980, we provide essential products and services to 250 community bank clients in the western states and Great Plains region.
We offer a competitive compensation package with bonus eligibility, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, HSA, paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal time, and employer-paid RTD bus/light rail passes. Our 401(k) Plan includes employer matching and immediate vesting, plus an additional employer match.
The focus of this position is to provide administrative and operational support to partner banks and their customers regarding the merchant processing program, credit cards and ATM/debit cards.
- Provide superior customer support via telephone, email and fax for Bank Card department products and services.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with partner banks and their customers by keeping a positive attitude and a collaborative focus.
- Process merchant applications submitted by partner banks for new account set up.
- Setup new corporate and consumer credit card accounts for partner banks.
- Complete account maintenance/change requests to merchant and credit card accounts.
- Edit input or changes to merchant and credit card accounts.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, partner banks and vendors to identify and research issues for timely resolution.
- Use multiple systems, databases and web-based applications proficiently.
- Understand and communicate technical concepts in understandable terms.
- Multi-task merchant/client requests and product issues with a sense of urgency.
- Research and resolve internal and external inquiries and issues.
- General ledger reconciliation and other financial balancing.
- Merchant acquiring or card payment/processing experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college coursework preferred.
- Inbound and outbound call experience in multiple support capacities.
- Ledger reconcilement and general bookkeeping skills preferred.
- Strong MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Windows applications skills.
- Excellent data entry skills including 10-key.
- Superior customer service skills, providing assistance in a timely manner.
- Self-starter with the ability to take the initiative and accomplish new tasks.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing duties and requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, troubleshooting and time management skills.
- Solid reading, writing, and oral communication skills in a professional business setting.
- Ability to work effectively with a team or independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to learn and utilize software programs quickly and efficiently.
- Follows management direction and takes responsibility for actions, commitments and deadlines.
- High level of professionalism and quality standards.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical ability.
- Professional office in a secure suite in downtown Denver, CO.
- 7:30am – 4:30pm, Monday-Friday with occasional overtime as needed.
- Extended periods of time using telephone and computer.
Bankers’ Bank of the West is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in Bankers’ Bank of the West.